The SelfCare Seventeen are simple principles and reminders that we have never needed to be fixed. These principles enable, empower and ignite our innate wisdom. You are, I am my best SelfCare Doctor.
If you take away just ONE thing, may you remember this:
You have never needed to be fixed, simply nourished, supported and empowered by enabling environments.
THE SELFCARE SEVENTEEN
- Nature is our primary life support system
- Connection and community are the elixirs of longevity
- Self-care is not selfish; learn to take care of yourself so that others may never have to
- Be courageous to go first.
- You will learn how to: Ignite your untapped human potential
- Optimize your human performance for any desired vision
- Live a life by your own design, believing that anything is possible from here!
- Make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime human experience; without comparison.
- Live a meaningful life full of fulfilment, driven by your own unique standards
- Live a life with no regrets, knowing tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us
- Thrive, not just survive. So that you can build longer tables, not just higher fences
- Be a high-impact human and serve from the abundant overflow
- Live a legacy in real-time, planting seeds today for trees that we may never sit under
- Create ripple effects of positive change in this generation for the next
- Understand that true purpose is human, connected innately with nature and the cosmos
- Treat others (animals and nature too) in the same way that you would like to be treated
- Feel more, suppress less. Knowing that empathy and compassion are the solutions we all seek
Lastly, remember that none of us is meant to go this journey alone; seek mentors who show you where to look, not gurus who tell you what to see. Trust your inner guru, you are your best SelfCare Doctor.
CALL TO ACTION
Which of the Selfcare Seventeen resonates with you the most right now? 1-17, feel free to comment below
This is directly referenced from the best-selling amazon SelfCare Book "Lifestyle Medicine For the People" by Rory Callaghan. If you would like to read more content like this. Grab the free online chapters of the book or a hard copy.
We have done our best to reference everyone’s expert opinions, peer-reviewed science, and original thoughts, all references available here and referenced in the text.
We also understand that most thoughts are not our own and there is a collective unconsciousness, unconsciousness, and universal mind stream of energy that is always at work. How are references are sorted and filtered is here.